Munselling, International Dzogchen Community Japan are very much delighted to announce Vajra Dance Open Course in Kyoto.
Vajra Dance is a meditation in elegant and beautiful movement integrated with sacred sounds. Harmoniously dancing together the grace of presence naturally arises to awaken our full potential. Everyone is welcome to Join
The course is for people who have never learned it before and for those experienced who would like to refresh.
Families, friends are all welcome!
- Programme: The Dance of The Three Vajras led by Urara Taoka, an authorized instructor
- Date: Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th June
- Venue: Munselling (West) 6 mins walk from Hankyû Kami-Katsura station
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/63dk4e2SKaS2
- Further information (time, fee, booking etc) to be announced
- Explanation of the origin of the Dance.
- Explanation of the peculiar characteristics of the Dance.
- Explanation of the meaning of the Mandala, symbolism, colors and elements.
- Explanation of the principle of the masculine and feminine, and importance of their harmony.
- Learning the basic movements and steps (principle of natural movement and relaxed movement of the foot and hand "together"; simplified distinction between "open" and "closed".
- Learning the conventional terminology of basic movements.
- Learning the basic rhythm (association of each movement with its syllable).
- Learning the meaning of the main mudras.