The curriculum includes:
- Explanation of the origin of the Dance.
- Explanation of the peculiar characteristics of the Dance.
- Explanation of the meaning of the Mandala, symbolism, colors and elements.
- Explanation of the principle of the masculine and feminine, and importance of their harmony.
- Learning the basic movements and steps (principle of natural movement and relaxed movement of the foot and hand "together"; simplified distinction between "open" and "closed".
- Learning the conventional terminology of basic movements.
- Learning the basic rhythm (association of each movement with its syllable).
- Learning the meaning of the main mudras.